Sunday, August 28, 2016

Fast Cars & Freedom Part 2

Markie and Hojo Adventures
     July 26th ..MOAB it is!! Im stoked for two reasons. 1. because i love straying from my original plans and 2 because Markie! in the last 6 months markie has become one of my best friends. its that soulmate kind of friendship. she’s also my number 1 adventure pal. so I’m excited to experience moab with her.  i wake up at the crack of dawn, catch sunrise, and head west. driving thru colorado on 70 is blowing my mind. this is the first time I’ve seen mountains like these. Crazy winding roads thru the mountains, i can’t really put into words what was going thru my head, its one of those things you’ve just gotta do.  …Alright, I’m out of Colorado and into Utah and the terrain is changing on me again. starting to look more like the desert, I’m only an hour and a half away at this point and I’m starting to get giddy.. Markie has been telling me how much she loves moab for as long as i can remember so I’m really stoked to be experiencing it with her for the first time. An hour passes and I’m driving into moab, listening to Nahko, Wash it away (if you’ve never heard of nacho and medicine for the people, do yourself a favor and look them up. 2.5 years later and their music continues to speak to me).
Moab
the beauty of moab and this song hit me right in the feels. I’m in awe and I’m crying and smiling and just so stoked to be living. to be doing this in general! I’m moving to yellowstone, tomorrow and I’m spending the day with my best friend in moab today!! so many feels. I arrive at the house markie is staying at. her friend is a base jumper, skydive instructor, and hot air balloon pilot. this is gonna be fun. we grab some beers from the local brewery, i learn about utah’s weird drinking laws, and we head out for a hike. it was a pretty short hike, super hot out but not florida hot so I’m fine. we get to the middle of this canyon and the silence is breath taking.. how have i not experienced this before. again I’m imagining what this must have been like for the native americans. you could literally hear a pin drop in here, what must it have been like to hear your enemies coming or wild animals.. so much to think about. we play around on some rocks, throw rocks into holes pack out and head to a lake. This is the first real lake I’ve ever experienced. i mean florida has lakes but you don’t really want to swim in them because algae and gators and snakes. this place is magic.
The Lake
A giant blue lake surrounded by giant red rocks. rocky bottom, no creepy animals to worry about. we swim, play with the rocks, wonder what kids do at lakes because you can’t cover yourself in sand or build castles. realize that in this part of the country most people don't know how to swim and thats weird.. its nice not having sand stuck to you but kinda painful laying out on rocks. We drink some beers, head to town eat some amazing italian food, hang at a bar and discuss polygamy because, utah and i figure out my game plan for tomorrow. we go to a friends house, they’re playing poker, me and markie are tired and awkward, head back to friends house, sleep. big day tomorrow, I’m kind of freaking out! TO BE CONTINUED...

No comments:

Post a Comment