Thursday, October 20, 2016

Random Acts of Thought


Well.. I got so busy living that i forgot to write.. heres some random, undated thoughts. 

--snowball fights. big sky. new friends. new music. coffee. cruising. day trips with a colorful band of hooligans. hangs at opalescent pool. bison carcass. just missing 2 grizzlies. elk for days. all of the scarves.

--Tonight home is old faithful, in 3 days home will be my jeep, in 4 days it will be phoenix, in 8 it will be the grand canyon (ha).. I reently told my mom that i would rather live in a van than in a house and her reaction was, “i don’t want you being a hobo”.. who says i have to have a house or an apartment? what makes someone living in their vehicle a “hobo”? what the shit is a hobo even? if i have a job, an income, am able to feed myself and pay my bills I’m pretty sure I’m not a hobo, just because i choose to live minimally in what i’d consider a studio apartment on 4 tires doesn’t make me any less of a person.

--well today is surreal. the lodge is closed for the season, the jeep is packed up, my uniforms are turned in, packages mailed. The parking lot is empty, halls are silent, the internet works better, the park is preparing for winter and i’m preparing for my departure. this has been an incredible 2 months. As i continue to learn about myself and life and what i want out of it i realize how much I’ve grown. its amazing how pure life is when you surround yourself with likeminded people. I’ve made some incredible friends out here and tomorrow morning we will say our see you laters and suddenly this adventure we’ve all been on together will become a solo journey once again. 

No comments:

Post a Comment